Thursday, October 10, 2019

The Road to Mental Health

Today is World Mental Health day. It also just happened to be a morning when my work tzores chores were relatively light, as was the wind; my friend Mr M. P. of Cromer had a day off; the Sun was shining; the tide was out; and it was one of those perfect October days when everything is well with the world.

So we gathered our gang of Jack Russell Terriers (two each) and headed for Cromer East Beach.
Cromer East Beach, looking West. Earlier today.
A Stack O' Jacks on Cromer East Beach. Mr M. P. of Cromer, for scale.

The dogs loved it, especially Dog#3 (A Jack Russell working under Deep Cover as a Dachshund), who is younger than the other Jacks and rarely gets a chance to run free, off the lead.

As you can see, she could hardly believe it.

The  beach is heaven for dogs. It's not bad for people, either. It's a strange thing that no religion, as far as I know, places Heaven on a beach, given that people flock to the seashore for relaxation in their millions for recreation. But what the beach is good for is mental health - especially on a day like today when we had it almost all to ourselves.

I did do some work when I got home, but mostly I had a nap. I had my nap in aid of World Mental Health Day. I claim this did more to improve mental health (especially mine) than going on Climate Strike and marching up and down with a placard would do any good for the climate. On the whole, then, a positive.

2 comments:

  1. Think you're right about all of this, Mr G. If there were more napping, the world would be a healthier and saner place.

    ReplyDelete